As an integrator, Nor-Cal Controls ES, Inc. works with EPCs, Developers and Owners to fully design, install and commission DAS and SCADA systems for solar and storage projects.
This includes meeting any PPA, Utility and Owner requirements for control of the facility, including MW Curtailment, Automatic Voltage Regulation (AVR), Power Factor, VAR Control, Droop, Voltage Droop, Breaker and CAP Bank Control. We also provide automation of ADS interface/system if the resource is participating in the CAISO market.
Other functionality includes meeting all Alarm Notification, Historian and Report Generation requirements. Asset Management and Performance Analytics software.
Tasks include (but not limited to):
- Full System Design, including Network Architecture
- Complete System Documentation
- Remote Configuration and Testing (FAT)
- On-Site Commissioning and Testing (SAT)
- System specific Training
- MET Stations (Turnkey, including On-site Installation and Commissioning)
- Soiling Stations (Turnkey, including On-site Installation and Commissioning)
- Remote Intelligent Gateway (RIG) (Turnkey, includes On-site Installation and Testing)
- Revenue Meters (Turnkey, includes On-site Installation and Testing)
- California-ISO (CAISO) Process Management
- Camera Surveillance System (Turnkey, includes On-site Installation and Commissioning)
Location: North Carolina
Sites: Bovine, Bronson, Cascade, Chisum, Eddy 2, Sterling, and Yellow Jacket
Sites: Great Valley Solar 1-4 and Great Valley Solar Substation
Nor-Cal is responsible for the design and implementation of the following
Nor-Cal performed controls retrofits for Calpines fleet of LM6000 peaker unit, generating facilities.
Nor-Cal tied together five (5) stand-alone control networks, separated by 25 miles, into one comprehensive SCADA
Nor-Cal assisted Doyon Utilities (Fairbanks, AK) in the implementation of
Nor-Cal is one of the few power generation controls and automation companies
GWF was seeking a migration path for upgrading their BOP controls on their Handford plant’s 21A and 21B combined cycle units. This included upgrading
Nor-Cal worked with Waller Marine