Nor-Cal performed controls retrofits for Calpine’s fleet of LM6000 peaker unit, generating facilities.
The controls retrofits included swapping out existing chiller control systems which provided limited control and reliability, with GE Fanuc 90-30 series PLCs (current BOP controls platform), which now offer full, reliable control through hard-wired inputs and outputs.
Retrofit tasks included:
- Removal of existing chiller control system
- Installation of GE Fanuc 90-30 PLC
- New, hard-wired electrical runs and terminations
- New, logic and graphics development
- Commissioning and testing
- Training and Documentation turnover